Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Plain and Simple- Awesome!

I've been working with Design & Media for over a year now. I've learned a lot of new skills and I still have a lot to learn, but I REALLY enjoy my job- most of the time. ;) Right now I'm working on various pieces for the Adopt An Airman program that I've orchestrated for the last two years. It's a lot of work, but SO rewarding! This year I decided I want to spruce up the layouts and I'm really having fun with a vintage Americana type theme.

One of the things that I have learned in this job is that there will be a lot of drafts! I am still amazed at how many hours I can labor over spacing, fonts, headers and footers, and intricate details that just pull it all together. My job consists of hours in front of a computer, but it is an avenue to communicate to people around the world the mighty things that God is doing in the lives of our military and our missionaries! That's a pretty cool job! Plus, I get the added bonus of learning on a daily basis AND getting to funnel my creativity into something to further God's Kingdom. It's plain and simple- awesome!

Thank you to those of you who are furthering God's Kingdom by your prayer and financial support of Cadence International, and those of you who make it possible for me to be here supporting our missionaries around the world! YOU are plain and simple- awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment