Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Here I am

One week ago, I returned to Germany for another two-year term ministering to military women. All went well with the flight, although it seemed like the longest flight ever...I guess multiple hours cramped in a small area next to someone you don't know will do that to you! Anyway, after 30+ hours, I finally got some sleep. Even though I've been here a week already, it is still hard to believe that I am actually here! It has truly been a leap of faith, as there is still support to be raised.

Everything has not been easy since I arrived either. Several days after arriving, I actually made a trip to the Emergency Room. I have been having pain on both sides. Long story short, they have run multiple tests, and discovered that I have an enlarged spleen and liver. The Dr's really have no explanation for the pain, because apparently it is not too uncommon to have enlarged organs. So, I am trying to find an internist. A funny story about my visit to the E.R. They were trying to draw some blood, and I quickly told the nurse that they usually have a hard time finding my veins. She immediately handed over the needle to the DR. As the Dr, who spoke great English, was flicking my arm and hand trying to find a good vein, he said, "Wow. It is so unusual for someone so young to have such small weens." If he didn't have a needle in my arm, I think I would have burst out laughing. Ahh- the joys of living in another country. :)

Another kink in the plans has been the vehicle that was going to be loaned to me...well, the transmission died. Truthfully, I'm glad it was not in my hands when that happened, but it has sped up the search for a vehicle. Currently, I do not have the funds for a vehicle in my work account...so, this is yet another need.

I have truly seen God's hand at work in bringing me to Germany in His timing. All of these "issues" are not a surprise to God. It can be frustrating at times, but it has been fun to see how God has provided and I know He will continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment