Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Foolish Faith

I arrived in Phoenix, AZ last night a little later than I had planned. There was snow in Utah and when I arrived in Kingman, AZ, a gentleman pointed out that my tire was low. A long story short, I ended up replacing the tires on the Jeep. It just seemed wise to make sure that I was safe for the remainder of the trip.
This morning as I read in Proverbs and journaled a bit, I prayed about the reality of 35 days away. My ticket to return to Germany is April 28~ and there is still $1000 in monthly support to come in. Living by faith sometimes feels very foolish…plodding ahead, planning to get on that plane- even though there is a lot of money yet to come in. One of my favorite quotes from a book called “The Journey of Victorious Prayer” is, “…sometimes God uses prayer to purify our desires. To make sure that our desires are not to make us appear successful, but to truly honor Him.”
I don’t know if God’s plan IS to provide that money, but one of the definitions I have learned of faith is “To live as if what is unseen, is seen”. So, I continue to live as a fool, believing that despite the result, God will be honored.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post. Thank you.

    I need to re-read that book. (The prayer one)

    ReplyDelete