Tuesday, March 05, 2013

A Sunny Outlook

The sun has been out and shining for two days in a row here! It's amazing what the sunshine does for people's attitudes here in Germany. Recently some of my friends were talking about an article in the German newspaper that said this has been the gloomiest winter in Germany in over 30 years! How's that for uplifting news? On Saturday we pulled up the rolladens and basked in the warmth of the sun for several hours. I joked with Kyle that Germany is the only place I've known where sunbathing inside was such a treat! :)

The sun has been a motivator for a few other things too...spring cleaning is in full force! Yesterday, I rearranged our bedroom. I'm not sure of the last time I actually lived long enough in one location to rearrange furniture. Oh, such fun. Now what to do with the other rooms? I was also motivated to wear capris yesterday. I really wanted to wear flip-flops, but my feet are still cold from our tile floors inside...I don't think they're ready for the (still) winter chill!

Kyle and I are talking about planting a garden this year. Neither one of us really know what we're doing, but the sunshine inspires hope for the possibility of fresh yumminess in our own yard!

Here are a few Scriptures about the sun:
Psa 50:1 A psalm of Asaph. The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to where it sets.

Psa 113:3 From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.

Isa 45:6 so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Whether the sun is out where you live or not, may your day be filled with a sunny outlook!

No comments:

Post a Comment