Thursday, February 07, 2013

Worth the Wait!

Christmas, New Years, a visit to the states...it's been a whirlwind of busy here. Normally when Kyle and I are busy, we tend to miss each other in the midst of doing, and while there has been a bit of that- I've been reflecting on what a wonderful gift God has given me in the gift of Kyle. Kyle is kind, always trying to make sure I am good and taken care of, funny, affectionate, silly, smart, and real. Recently I was talking to a friend who said, "He loves you so much. He is still googly-eyed over you!" I have been relishing that statement for these past few days and it just fills my heart with joy.


We waited. We waited for a long time before we got married. We waited so long in fact, that both of us wondered if we would ever get married. Now, we both say, "It was worth the wait!". I think one of the most joyously overwhelming things for me to think about is that Kyle is a picture of how Christ loves me. It brings tears to my eyes to just think about how fully and completely my husband loves me (especially when I don't deserve it) and Christ loves me even more than that! How could I ever capture something so beautiful into words?

If you have been blessed with marriage- take some time today to thank the Lord for that precious gift. If you are single and waiting for that special someone- be reminded that the Lord is googly-eyed over YOU!

Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful gift of my husband and the many beautiful ways that he expresses Your love to me!

4 comments:

  1. It brings me such joy every time I read things like this, Mel! I am so heart-glad and grateful to the core that the Lord has blessed you and Kyle and that you are building a good marriage together. I'm also grateful that I got to walk a few of those years of waiting with you so that I can see and appreciate just how good this gift is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, dear friend! You were with me for many of those cry sessions on "why am I still single? Will I ever get married?" Thanks for always being there, listening and reminding me that he would be worth the wait. :)

      Delete
  2. Such an enjoyable read! I'm such a sap, I was tearing up just a tiny bit. So happy for you both, of course. But even more excited about how much Christ loves us- you're right, it's difficult to capture in words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mandy...thanks! I'm a sap too, and I admit I teared up while writing it. :) I guess we're two peas in a pod!

      Delete