Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Dumbest Question I've Heard Today

I was visiting my local library today in search of some peace and quiet. A library is a place where you expect knowledgeable, intelligent people- right? Here's how the conversation went:

Me: I'd like to check out a book, but I don't have my library card.
Library Lady: That's fine. I just need your ID and current address.
(I give it to her.)
Library Lady: It looks like you have a $10 fine on your account from August 2006. Would you like to pay it now?
Me: I'm pretty sure I paid all of my accounts before I left the country, but of course, I can't verify that.
Library Lady: Well, do you have the receipt?

*Point 1- I just stated that I can't verify that.
* Point 2- The fine was from August 2006. I am not even required by law to keep my paycheck stubs for longer than a year! Who in the world would keep a library fine receipt? Let alone in their wallet for the last 3 years?

Seriously, one of the dumbest questions, EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment