Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Home Where I Belong

Today as I was driving, I passed over a newly paved road. It sparkled- literally! It reminded me of roads we used to drive on as a kid when I had first discovered mica in the mountains of Colorado. It was so beautiful and sparkly that I was just sure it was valuable, and then my Dad told me they mixed it in with the roads in the mountains and that's why the roads sparkled. Well, one cannot stare at sparkly roads without daydreaming about Heaven with it's golden roads and all!

I used to daydream about Heaven a lot...I haven't done that in a while. I've read books and heard sermons and even done a little research of my own, but the bottom line is that it is beyond our understanding, comprehension and anything we can imagine. So, I think that's a free ticket to let your imagination run wild! I even remember a beloved professor speaking about Heaven and how he had studied and studied the subject. When they're family pet died, their son was looking for consolation that their pet would be with them in Heaven. He regretfully informed His son, "I'm sorry, but there are no animals in Heaven." Later, his son asked him about the white horse Jesus would be on when He came back and he found himself speechless. I'm not saying we can't know what to expect or that we shouldn't even study the matter, because I applaud studies. I'm just saying, take a moment to let your imagination run wild and relish in the home God has prepared for you if you have believed and accepted Him.

Here are some lyrics from one of my favorite Heaven songs:

Home Where I Belong by BJ Thomas
They say that heaven's pretty
And living here is too
But if they said that I
would have to choose between the two
I'd go home, going home, where I belong

And sometimes when I'm dreaming
It comes as no surprise
That if you look and see
The homesick feeling in my eyes
I'm going home, going home, where I belong

While I'm here I'll serve him gladly
And sing him all my songs
I'm here, but not for long
And when I'm feeling lonely
And when I'm feeling blue
It's such a joy to know that
I am only passing through

I'm headed home, going home, where I belong

And one day I'll be sleeping,
When death knocks on my door
And I'll awake and find that
I'm not homesick anymore
I'll be home, going home, where I belong

No comments:

Post a Comment