Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Most Exciting Restaurant in the World!

I don't remember how old I was, but one of my all-time favorite memories is with my Dad. He took me on a date and I felt like a princess! We went to Casa Bonita, the self-proclaimed "Most exciting restaurant in the world!" I believed them. We stood in line with a bazillion people, sat within view of the diver who jumped in the waterfall while we ate our fantastic sopapillas (really, what food isn't great doused in honey?!?), were serenaded by a Mariachi band and after that I got to play ski-ball, watch a puppet show and go exploring in Black Bart's cave while wearing a glow-in-the-dark necklace! It was one night I'll never forget!


Well, this last week while we were in Colorado, I wanted to share this "experience" with my new husband. We arrived at the pink tower and I was delighted to see the smile on Kyle's face! He gleefully participated in the silly skits where a gorilla pushed his sidekick into the waterfall and the sheriff and Black Bart dueled in front of our eyes. After we ate our sopapillas, we wandered through Black Bart's Hideout and laughed at the puppet show.



Then we won ourselves a ridiculous amount of tickets playing ski-ball! It brought sweet joy to my heart to share this evening with Kyle and for him to soak up all the silly memories with me and create another wonderful memory.

Today as I think back on those evenings, I am reminded that special memories can be created anytime/anywhere if we only have open eyes and hearts to the people and experiences around us. That is one of my favorite things about Kyle! He is so full of life and always wanting to pounce on the adventure at hand. I hope I can live today to the fullest and soak up the life God has lavished on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment