Friday, July 06, 2012

Happy July!


The heat and humidity tell me it’s summer, but my mind still has a hard time comprehending that fact. Normally, Germany is not quite this hot & humid- at least ‘til August, but it’s a good dose of Nebraska for me. J 

Worship has been a major theme in our lives these past few months. We said “goodbye” to 9 of our 13-man worship team. God has blessed with many new faces to fill the gaps we were so worried about filling. Hmm, a good reminder to quit worrying since it’s all His anyway. Kyle has also helped fill the gaps by rotating in to lead worship Friday nights at the Hospitality House and it has been a privilege to see him grow in that way.

Leading worship is a lot harder than it looks. Not only do you have to play the notes right and sing the notes right, but you’re supposed to play it at the right beat and lead everyone else to play with you. Then you’re supposed to get all the words right and with some feeling too. On top of all that, you are the model for leading others to the Throne of God! We are learning more of how worship is less of a “Do-it-All-Right” Responsibility and more of a regular lifestyle. Am I living every day at the Throne of God and am I pointing others to the cross of Christ through my everyday living? Then when we sing or play, we are already there. We were made to worship- every moment of every day.

Goodbye’s continue to be a large portion of our summer as well. It is still my least favorite part of military ministry, but God is our portion and strength. This next week we have a combined going-away dinner for two of my favorite gals here in community- Erica and Millie. Erica is heading to Las Vegas and Millie is getting out of the Army and getting married to one of the guys she met at the K-town Hospitality House! Although we hate saying goodbye, we are excited to see what God will do through them at their new locations.

Kyle and I are enjoying married life as we feel like we have found a rhythm of life. In May, we were able to move to a small house (shared with another Cadence missionary) and it suits our needs so much better. We now have room to host events, a back-yard with a small fire-pit and built in community upstairs! :) We are so thankful for God’s gift of marriage and for community here in Germany who have helped us wade through some of those difficult transitions newlyweds experience.

My health has had it’s ups and downs these past few months, but it looks like we’re on an up-trend now. I was able to go off of half of my medications and have been feeling MUCH better. I still have a few more wrinkles to iron out there, but I've been amazed at how much more I feel like my old self. I've even had comments from folks in the area about how much better I seem to be feeling. Thank you for your prayers!

Thank you for your partnership in ministry to our military in Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment