Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A God- Encounter

So, it has been entirely toooo long since I have posted anything on my blog. Some of that has been the logistics of living without internet connection at my house and some of that has simply been the life I lead these days. However, even though I just finished a 12 hour day- jumping from meeting to meeting- I just had to write about the awesome encounter I had today!
One of my meetings today was with the Chaplain community at Ramstein. I was a little nervous, as I always seem to be with people I view as authority. Anyway, everyone spent a couple of minutes (including the Chaplains) explaining their job and what they do here in Germany. I rambled on, feeling like I did a terrible job of explaining how much I love God and people. Anyway, as I was mentally beating myself up, the current Head Protestant Chaplain comes up to me and says, "As I was listening to you talk, I kept thinking about a girl who I met that is terribly lonely here. She has been involved with some other Chapel events, but they are not really meeting her needs." I asked for her information, and he gladly told me her name and where she works. I was looking forward to following up with her sometime in the near future.
The next task on my calendar was to wash some blankets and bedding at the base laundromat. I had never used the facility before, but thought it would be a good place for me to prepare a Bible study (my next meeting of the day). After I finally found the laundromat, I discovered that it cost $2.25 to do a large load of laundry and the coin machine would not give me change for a $5...so, I had to go find change. I decided to get some lunch at the pizza place around the corner. After I placed my order and got some ones for the machine, a lady leaving the building says, "Hey Mel! It's me, Chandra! How are you?" I sat there going through people in my mind trying to remember exactly where it was that I met her... After we chatted a bit, we decided we would eat our lunches together outside. I finally remembered where I met her, and then I asked her where she worked. As conversation continued, I realized THIS was the SAME woman that the Chaplain had just given me the information for!!! She told me, "Mel, I'm so lonely here. I am just looking for some people to spend time with." I told her I could definitely help her out in that area. :) So, we exchanged numbers and I'm really excited to get to know her better.
It was just an AWESOME reminder to me, that even in the midst of my busiest day in a long time, God had pre-orchestrated the events to help me see that He uses even what I view as my inability to meet the needs of others!

1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME! God is so cool, isn't He? I hope Chandra feels she's able to fit in and build some relationships! Lifting up your ministry, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete