Tuesday, February 03, 2009

People-People-People

Tonight is one of those nights where I’m deep in thought about who I am and who I’ve become. I’m sure some of this is due to a conversation I just had with one of my friends here who is also a professional counselor. Tonight we talked about my strengths, my gifts and in general- who I am. Without a doubt- I’m a people person. Everything in my life seems to revolve around loving people, being with them, empathizing with them, looking for ways to include others and to help them see areas of growth. I like to help other people understand themselves better and to see how they can grow as individuals. I like people.

As much as I love people, I also need time and privacy to process and re-energize. That’s one of the reasons I’m looking forward to being on the road soon. I have time by myself to think, cry, and pray while I’m driving, and then I get to stay up late talking with people about what God is doing in their lives.

I know we’re always at different places in our growth. We’re changing, growing, morphing into the people God has made us to be. How often do you ask yourself- “Who am I? Who am I becoming? Or Who has God made me to be?” I recognize it is not always good to be self-focused, but I have found it is a lot more difficult to help others when you don’t understand who you are first.

My musings for the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Well, just please don't cry and drive at the same time!

    ReplyDelete