Monday, December 31, 2012

Perplexing Paradoxes

I seem to accomplish more when I'm busy, perhaps that's because I have more to accomplish.
Blogging, however, seems to fall to the bottom of the "to-do" stack...partially because I feel like I have nothing to write about- even though there has been more going on. Does that make any sense? Not really.

Christmas was different this year. There were lots of reasons for that...no snow, being in a different house, Hospitality House (HH) going through transition, new HH directors and co-workers in the area, did I mention no snow?... For many different reasons, we decided to host a group of singles (and a couple of coworkers and their families) at our house for Christmas. I was a little intimidated to say the least, but Kyle and I both love Christmas...so, we knew that joy had to spill over onto them- even if everything went terribly wrong. Thankfully, there were no holiday disasters and we had a wonderful family Christmas. I say "family Christmas" because that is exactly what it felt like. We sat around in our comfy clothes and had breakfast together at the table, told stories of Christmases past, opened presents (including socks and batteries), laughed a lot- especially during our Nerf war, watched Christmas movies, played games and then ate lots of yummy food! Despite how different Christmas was this year- it really wasn't all that different. :)

It seems this season has been filled with paradoxes for me. Perhaps I will find a way to unscramble a few and clearly articulate them...and then again, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment