Monday, January 25, 2010

Snow Heightens the Imagination


I stopped mid-step, awed by the beauty. Today as I was exploring the walking path near my new apartment, I found myself staring at the scene, examining each part, and wondering what about it captured my heart. It’s not that it was extraordinarily beautiful, or truly much to wonder over, but I couldn’t help but stare. I’m not sure what it is that captures my hearts sometimes, but I wanted to listen- to be drawn into its beauty. Perhaps it had something to teach me, or there was a part of my heart that longed for something it offered. I imagined myself, quietly standing at the base of the tree, enjoying the peaceful scene and my family inside the nearby house running around, laughing and just living life. I imagined how different my life would be with a family to raise and nurture. I’m sure they are all idyllic thoughts, without much foundation, but it sure was a lovely moment with my imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so beautiful. I often don't take time to "see" the world because I am busy with my 2 little ones. I think it is a wonderful gift to wipe away mind-clutter and see the world.

    --Tiffany Coler, SLCC

    ReplyDelete